When stress rises and brings on a headache, these three soothing herbs work together to calm the nervous system and relieve pain and tension in the head.
Common kitchen basil is not only delicious in pasta and salad, but also makes a wonderful ingredient in herbal teas. It has a calming effect on the nervous and digestive systems. It is used to ease irritability, anxiety, and depression.
Chrysanthemum, or Ju Hua, is a common ingredient in Chinese herbal medicine. It is often used for stress, a pattern we call Liver Qi Stagnation, and to treat headaches, allergies, and eye irritation, especially those that worsen under stress.
Melissa, or lemon balm, is an herb that grows voraciously in the midwest. It has a lemony perfume scent that makes it a prized tea and essential oil. Like basil, melissa is a wonderful herb for calming an overactive nervous system and helping to cope with stress.
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried chrysanthemum flowers (also called Ju Hua)
- 2 teaspoons dried melissa (also known as lemon balm)
- Combine all three herbs in a quart-sized mason jar or pitcher.
- Fill the jar with boiling water (4 cups or 1 quart).
- Let the herbs steep for 30 minutes before straining.
- Drink 1 cup of the herbal infusion at a time. Drink at room temperature or gently warm as preferred.
Would you like to connect with me to see if I can help you with my unique and effective approach to holistic health care?
Request a free consultation and we’ll meet to discuss your case. We’ll sit down, review your health history and goals, and see if you are a good fit for our services. You will have an opportunity to ask any questions about our approach and if you feel confident that I can help, you’ll have an opportunity to learn how to move forward and work with me.