Flores says there are a couple of different areas of a baby’s body that you can work on using acupressure to help them get a better night’s sleep. One of those points is right between the eyebrows — a spot often nicknamed the sleep button. “Just a really gentle stroking on that point is really calming for babies,” says Flores, who’s used the technique on her own kids. “I recommend using a very light pressure. Just a little stroke with the fingertip going down toward the nose.” You don’t have to do it for very long, either. “Maybe 30 seconds, or up to a minute for older babies,” Flores explain. It should calm them down enough to drift off to sleep.
- Chicago’s Best Acupuncturists
- With a little practice you should be able to figure out which exact pressure points will put your baby to sleep. I spoke with Ashley Flores, a licensed acupuncturist, to learn more.
- I spoke with Ashley Flores, a licensed acupuncturist and acupuncture expert to learn which pressure points are most likely to give you a mood boost.
- Meet Acupuncturist Ashley Flores of Four Flowers Wellness
- Chinese Medicine and the Art of Letting Go
Notice: Undefined index: title in /home/fourfl6/public_html/wp-content/plugins/monarch/includes/monarch-widget.php on line 20